50 Motivational Quotes About Friendship, Love & Success
We all have those days when we need a little motivational push to do something, whether the reason is lack of self-motivation, negative attitude, or we just don’t have the right focus in life.
To achieve something in your life, you need to set goals first.
That’s one of the reasons why people love motivational and inspirational quotes – they make us feel more optimistic and positive to set our goals and finally take some action.
By reading motivational quotes you will see your life from a wider perspective because there is power in those words.
They make us feel like we can do anything we set our mind to, and you can.
People print quotes on their T-shirts, make posters, they even tattoo them. And we all have that one favorite quote that empowers and comforts us.
It’s a dose of mental stimulation, a shift to a whole another emotional state.
Here's is a list of 50 of some of our favorite quotes. Do you have a motivational or inspirational quote that you love? Be sure to share it with us in the comments section below.
Motivational and Inspirational Quotes
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. “
- Helen Keller
- “Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.”
- Bradley Whitford
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. “
- Norman Vincent Peale
- “If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
- Dale Carnegie
- “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”
- Ayn Rand
- “I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
- Jimmy Dean
- “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.”
- Jim Rohn
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
- Maya Angelou
- “Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.”
- Kevyn Aucoin
- “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm but to add color to my sunset sky. “
- Rabindranath Tagore
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.”
- George Sand
- “Nobody can predict the future. You just have to give your all to the relationship you're in and do your best to take care of your partner, communicate and give them every last drop of love you have. I think one of the most important things in a relationship is caring for your significant other through good times and bad. “
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
― Pablo Neruda
- “I'm in love with you," he said quietly. "Augustus," I said. "I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
― John Green
- “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
- A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you and then leave. A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master...”
- “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”
― Anais Nin
Source: Andy Laan
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
- Lao Tzu
- “We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone. “
- Orson Welles
- “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.”
- James Baldwin
- “Age does not protect you from love but love to some extent protects you from age.”
- Jeanne Moreau
- “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.”
- Colin Powell
Source: Chamberlain University
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. “
- “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.”
- Wayne Huizenga
- “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.”
- Vince Lombardi
- “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”
- Bruce Lee
- "I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite."
- G. K. Chesterton
- "Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that's where you will find success."
- "Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit."
- Conrad Hilton
- "There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality."
- Anthony Robbins
- "Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down."
- Charles F. Kettering
- “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.”
-Henry David Thoreau
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
- “Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.”
- “There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one’s self, the very meaning of one’s soul.”
- “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
- “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?”
- “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.”
Source: Picture Quotes
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your right to grow.”
- “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.”
- “Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.”
- “Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out. “
- “Beauty has so many forms, and I think the most beautiful thing is confidence and loving yourself. “
- “The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. “
- “Be sure what you want and be sure about yourself. Fashion is not just beauty, it's about good attitude. You have to believe in yourself and be strong.”
- Adriana Lima
- “The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.”
- Audrey Hepburn
Source: The Sitting Beauty Diaries
- “Makeup is not a mask that covers up your beauty; it's a weapon that helps you express who you are from the inside.”
- “I need to see my own beauty and to continue to be reminded that I am enough, that I am worthy of love without effort, that I am beautiful, that the texture of my hair and that the shape of my curves, the size of my lips, the color of my skin, and the feelings that I have are all worthy and okay. “
- Tracee Ellis Ross
- “The more often we see the things around us - even the beautiful and wonderful things - the more they become invisible to us. That is why we often take for granted the beauty of this world: the flowers, the trees, the birds, the clouds - even those we love. Because we see things so often, we see them less and less. “
- Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. “
- Marilyn Monroe
- “Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that's beautiful.”
- Rashida Jones
Do you have any favorite motivational or inspirational quotes you’d like to share? Leave them in the comments section below.